Racesolution is using ‘PS’ for horsepower unit and ‘Nm’ for torque which is commonly used in this field.
- PS = DIN = CV – Metric
- KW – EU’s standard of measurement
- HP = BHP – British
1 KW = 1.341 HP
1 KW = 1.359 PS
1 Nm = 0.102 kgf.m
1 Nm = 0.737 lb.tf
Ver 0.9_ racesolution.nl
- Check the Vehicle
- Load and positioning the Vehicle
- Executing the Measurement
1. Check the Vehicle
- Check previous log, if not exist vehicle identification data create into datebase by scanner
- Model, Year, Manufacture, Engine, Trasnmission
- ECU Model
- Scanning the digonosis through OBD port and printing the result
- Check FR/RR
- Check the condition of tire and trade wear – minimum 2mm
- Check Tire Pressures – Using Fixed rate( 40psi ) or keep the data for next time 40psi
- Engine oil level, coolants, oil leakage, Fuel remainning
2. Load and positioning the Vehicle
- Get the Key and load the vehicle on the dyno
- Basic STRAP
- Give some throttle to settle the car
- Place Tire BLOCK
- STRAP tight again
- Install exhaust extraction
- (Opt) Install RPM pick-up
- (Opt) Connect logging tool with OBD port, if it is needed
- (Opt) Install AFR Sensor, if it is needed
- Final check around the car
- Guide guests and audiance to avoid any risks
3. Executing Measurement
- Turn on the cooling fan
- Turn on the engine
- Creating customer data on Dyno software
- If automatic
- Find how kick down work
- Max RPM to Hold same gear while full throttle
- Find which gear need to be used and maximun RPM
- Configure/Check Dashboard RPM Gauge is matched RPM gauge in the dyno s/w
- Check water temperaure ( 95 ~ )
- Full throttle/Measure the power, torque and etc until it relatively same result is shown repeatedly.
- Cooling down and turn off the fan
- Printing the result – A4 format
- All Laptop, Cable, Scanner and etc move away from the car
- Loosen the strap
- Vehicle Wheel is get out of dyno Roller *
- Remove the strap
- Erase error code by scanner if it is needed
- Hand over the key to customer with printed result – Digonosis result X 1, Dyno graph X 1
I. What is J2534 ?
I. NASTF Re-program data disclosure status
Below is a list of how each car maker is reprogrammed and how to find the J2534 information from each manufacturer’s homepage.
Currently, the car makers that release the program data by J2534 method are as follows.
III. J2534 devices
Products worth to check at the first
IV. Common sense to know
J2534 device is needed for ECU programming. Most of cases, ECU Coding which can be done by OBD tool like Autel MS906BT is enough.
[MegaLog viewer HD + CL2000 Logger]
I. Trial and error
I could not found anything fulfilments for my requirement among those below.
All has their own characteristic and values but none of these are enough to utilize it.
[ Tested program & tools ]
CANVas with CL2000 from CSS electronics / PC
TouchScan ( =OBDWiz ) / PC
OBDFusion / iphone
CAR Scanner / iphone
Torque PRO / Android
BimmerCode & BimmerLink / iphone
Carly / Android
MHD F-Series / Android
Actually, This is a device the most affordable given the features I need and the extra features like OEM specific pids scanning by OBD ports.
Let OP ( = Pay attention ) !!
- Logging data could not be exported as excel file.
- In case of BMW 320d and possibly all F-Series, Engine Live streaming value is not shown while engine is running but if engine is turn off, immediately value start to show up and it is streamed.
III. Search ETI Members
If manufacturer of your OBD tool is an ETI member, it is likely that the manufacture can make ones that support OEM specific pids.
-The End –